• Promote development and reinvestment along commercial and mixed-use corridors and districts to foster attractive and vibrant neighborhoods.
• Support diversity in housing types and affordability to enable people to live close to jobs and services and promote diversity in Berkeley’s population.
• Promote a world-class transportation system that is efficient and environmentally sustainable, minimizing reliance on cars and the need for parking.
• Support high-quality architecture and urban design that contributes to Berkeley’s built heritage.
• Support quality public spaces through the development of attractive streets, parks, and civic areas.
• Make Berkeley greener through the provision of community gardens, restored creeks, and enhanced parks.
• Promote sustainable building practices in public and private development.
• Preserve historic resources that embody Berkeley’s rich cultural heritage.